February 01, 2012

Burda Tempts Me

My first pattern ever was a Burda--a maternity shirt with an empire waist, a crossover neckline and a tie in the back. It was my first pattern and my first pregnancy so I didn't exactly know what I was doing. I used the wrong kind of fabric and tried to make it for the size I might be instead of the size I was. Suffice it to say, it didn't turn out well. Burda patterns intrigue and intimidate me as much as Vogue patterns. While other brands primarily offer simple, classic, basic and often cookie-cutter patterns, Vogue and Burda have unique shapes and unusual details. I find myself both intimidated to make and to wear them if they did turn out well.

For this one, however, I think I might overcome my fear and at least give it a go.

My goodness it's such a fun design! I love the wide, angled draping at the waist and the slit in the neckline is so sexy. And it's all in jersey so it would be super comfy. I don't know about the matching pants or skirt. The skirt is way too long for my height but could easily be made shorter. The pants look sort of like pjs but maybe in shorts? I've considered the whole jumpsuit thing. Anyway, I really like this pattern. Burda goes on sale very rarely but I think I might pick this one up when it does. In the meantime I certainly have plenty to keep me occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment