So I was told that if I were to contribute I had to post the good, the bad, AND the ugly. Well this shirt is definitely ugly. So, I found this cute tank top made from a jersey knit and ribbon and step by step instructions for completing it on pinterest. It was supposed to look something like this:
The shirt called for a jersey like knit fabric or something stretchy like it and really thick satin or ribbon for the top.
Problems I ran into:
1. I didn't use the right kind of needle in my sewing machine, so the fabric kept on snagging and creating an uneven stitch along the top of the shirt.
2. I used a contrasting thread rather than one that blended in. On the model shirt it looked cute. On mine it just looked messy.
3. My torso isn't long and my arms aren't bony, so the baggy type shirt does NOT suit my body.
4. The ribbon I used was way too thin. It was only an inch and a half wide, which made for a very flimsy neckline. If I made it again, I would use about a 3 inch wide satin.
5. The arm holes were way too awkward looking and I have NO clue how to fix that.
So, ALL that being said, here's my final result:
Now, understand something. I've lost 10 pounds in the past 4 months and worked really hard to do it. It's not like I only want to wear super tight fitting clothes now. In fact, I hate really tight fitting clothes. But this shirt is SO unflattering that it makes me look super heavy and completely shapeless.
I know I should have thought about the shape of the shirt before I made it, but that was my fault.
Note to self: In the future make sure you think about things that will look good on YOUR body!