November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Joann Fabrics was good to me this year! I picked up some fabrics I'm pretty excited about and I can't wait to show you. I bought some fancy fabric for the girls' Christmas dresses and some fun fabric to make backpacks for Abs and Skipper. I also got some fabric for stockings since we'll need to replace them this year anyway if we want them to match and they should be really simple to make. Becky's supposed to teach me how to applique so maybe I'll put our names on them. And lastly I found some fabric for a couple of things for me--but I think I'll wait to tell you about those until they're in clothing form.

I had an idea I want to run by you. I was thinking about hosting a sewing class, of sorts. My idea was to wait until another $0.99 pattern sale then pick up several of the same pattern but in a range of sizes. I think I'll make one for myself first so I'm familiar with the pattern and to make sure it's cute and easy. If it turns out well I was thinking I'd invite some people who have expressed an interest in sewing clothes and just tell them how much fabric to buy then we'd all work on the same pattern at the same time at my house. Here's the pattern I was looking at:

Womens Top and Tie Belt Sewing Pattern 2594 Simplicity

What do you think? Would you be interested in coming? I thought I'd ask my mom to help since she used to sew all her own clothes and an extra set of eyes and hands would be nice. I don't think I could do it until January or February but most people are tied up in projects, parties, etc until then anyway. Let me know what you think of the idea and the pattern choice.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment